LOVE IS A DANGEROUS GAME

                    EPISODE ONE 
Mr.  John’s house is been decorated. Shontel is celebrating her twentieth birthday tomorrow being Nov. 19.
She is looking forward to seeing her presents, wishes and so on
  ‘My tel, aren’t you dressing up again don’t you know, we have to get to market early before they pick up all the beautiful clothes made for you" Mrs. Miller flattered.
Since Shontel came into this family her birthday is always the talk of the town. Mrs. Miller must make sure; it is always lively and fantastic.
 Sorrowfully since three years ago Shontel had not been having rest in this family. Love triangle is taking place. Patrick loves Shontel and have always open up to her but Shontel brush him aside.
It seems like Shontel cherish someone and yet the person has not cross path with her.
‘Mum, don’t mind me, this is what I have anticipated for’ Shontel replied smiling. she has always compare Miller with her mother. They are complete opposite; while her mother is testy, hate her, ugly. Miller is lovely, loves her and is pretty as well.
Both set up for the purchasing. In the market, both were choosing their clothes differently.
‘Excuse me ma, I first pick up that clothes' a very sweet, lovely and beautiful girl said.
“Please I can’t give it to you, I have picked it, this is market for you, you are not supposed to drop it here. I love the clothes and I want to give it to my daughter’ Miller kindly said.
Please ma, I love that clothes and that is the reason why I kept it there, please tomorrow is my birthday and I want to put it on my birthday.
Shontel walk by and decide to pacify the young woman.
"Mum, give it to her; I believed that I will see other beautiful clothes here" One of the sellers was attracted to the scene.
“Pls ma, what is going on here?” 
“I pick this cloth for my daughter but this girl here claim to have taken it first”
“I’ m sorry for this misunderstanding but pls I will like you all to know that this cloth is highly expensive, that is why we have only one of its kind here. The selling price is N  35, 000"
The seller left and the going woman was speechless.
At the end of the purchasing, Miller excused herself to go and urinate.
Thank you my sister, for giving me that cloth, tomorrow is my birthday and my family is poor. I’m using my savings for all this purchasing. 
Shontel peep through her dark goggle glass to take a glaze of the young girl.
‘Pls can I know your name?
‘My name is Maria and yours? 
"My name is Shontel , tomorrow is my birthday as well and I’ m wishing you happy birthday in advance".
Maria thanked her and wish her happy birthday and left.
Shontel felt for the poor girl and add but this time noiselessly ‘I know that if I ‘m still with my parents, I wouldn’t have come here to be struggling with you.
They later went home and Shontel never disclose to Miller that she gave the cloth she bought for her to that girl 
**************************************
**************************************
**************************************
After the party, Shontel was so weak and drunk, that Patrick had to carry her upstairs to her room.

In the midnight, she began to unpack her present. One of the present drew her attention; an outdated present, she wanted to put it out but later change her mind.
As she opens the present, she saw a paper attached to it which read thus 
   You may not love me like I love u
 You may not care 4 me like I care 4 u
    But if u ever need me
    I will always be around 4 u
She looked to see if any name was attached to the present but didn’t find any.
  ‘No! Last year, I saw Patrick‘s present, I received everybody‘s present except Phillip and I have never seen this present except now. Who could have sent it? It can’t be Phillip.
Suddenly she starts searching for Phillip’s new present. She saw another surprising thing which is a cloth.There is something strange about this dress, she thought aloud.  Phillip has given her the same cloth; she gave to the young woman. She turns the cloth over to look for the mark she saw on the cloth when Miller was still with it 
Behold! It was there!
‘Blood of Christ! What is happening to me “she pinched herself and felt the pain. 
‘Ahhh, no, first of all it was a fight over a dress, then concidental birthday, now dress. 

Early in the morning, she sent for Phillip through one of their maids. 
Patrick was downstairs with Phillip when the maid came and delivered the message 
‘’is she sick? They chorused
“No “the maid replied but she asked me to call you “pointing at Phillip.
Both ran upstairs like mad dogs will do when they sees a thief.
There she was on the bed devastated and helpless.
Both sat on the bed staring at her. How can she sincerely talk to Phillip in the presence of Patrick? She wished she could disappear into the thin air.
“Maybe I have to remind you that you called me” Phillip said which worsen the matter, she can’t annoy Phillip now she suspect he has come to like her and also can’t speak in Patrick‘s presence.
“Em! Pls I think the maid misunderstood me, I said she should call mum for me”. She replied confusedly.
Both were confused, it was crystal clear that Ruth don’t normally make unnecessary mistakes in her duties 
Patrick then segue gently into another matter.
“Father has arranged for my trip to India” 
“Is it over business issues or personal adventure?”
Shontel has always negotiated with Patrick into accepting his responsibility as the first son to be in charge of his father’s properties.
He has always had a fight with his father over taking up his proposal from his father.
Shontel was happy to hear this and rejoin “so wonderful, in a while you will be coming back a full- fledge man” 
The environment became so unconducive for Philip and he added “Shontel what about me?”
Shontel was overtaken by emotion, she can’t admit that Philip could be so jealous over a trivial issue like that “you will also be a man” that is what she could utter.
Shontel is happy for Patrick’s departure for many reasons. Patrick sensed her happy mood and openly echoed “thank you so much for being happy for me. I have nothing if I do not have your love. Nothing is the same if you are not with me. I love you and I only know I will smile again when you are with me again.
Patrick’s remark shattered the hearts of the duo beyond repairing, although he didn’t sense it but has sensed Shontel discomfort. He got up to leave and added “don’t be shy. He is just my brother” 
When Patrick left, Philip could not help staring at her in disappointment and anger. “My brother’s wife, did you reject my 20th gift as you have rejected my 19th year present” Philip sorrowfully got up to leave. In Shontel’s 19th birthday, he had always waited eagerly for her reply but was disappointed. 
************************************************************************************************************************************
       WATCH OUT FOR EPISODE 2
To find out if Shontel’s thought is true.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IS A DANGEROUS GAME

Love is a dangerous game, Episode 2